Feb 23, 2009

Christine says: Why isn't this on VH1's Celebreality?

Christine often complains that her Phillies never get mainstream attention and respect. Christine loves reality TV shows. So she is pleased, and we're both shocked, by the MLB Network's first original series: The Pen - a reality show about the Phillies bullpen as it tries to defend the World Championship.

I hope the show doesn't limit itself to the bullpen. Brett Myers was made to be a reality TV star. (For no reason, because I have never said that before, I just had a feeling of deja vu when I typed that.)

Clay Condrey, who could be a good sidekick for Myers, is excited:

"I think it'll be pretty neat," Clay Condrey said.

You'll probably become a star, Clay.

"I ain't no star," he said.

No, he's not. But Grammy-attending, white-tux wearing Shane Victorino is. Or, maybe not:

"When I walked on the red carpet I was like, 'Let me just go,' because I felt so out of place there," Victorino said. "But it was definitely a neat experience. I sat there and watched and it's amazing what kind of talent it takes to do what they do. I've played at the pinnacle of my sport, and they're playing at their pinnacle - the Grammys. It's like the top. To be able to watch them perform, it was very cool. Steve Wonder was great. Carrie Underwood. She was pretty impressive."


Shane does know how to grab attention, Hollywood style. He made sure to get in a SoxandPhils line to ensure he made this blog:

"Neil Diamond was unbelievable," Victorino said.

Fan of Neil?

"I'm not a fan, but I know his music," he said. "Sweet Caroline was the last song of the night. I was like, 'Oh, Boston, seventh-inning stretch. Here we go.' That's what I thought in my head."

{Please, don't let the Phillies become my worst nightmare - the Red Sox of 2005.}

[Photo credit: Albert L. Ortega, PR Photos]

No comments: