Feb 19, 2009

Not so antiquated Red Sox garb

When the protracted Jason Varitek negotiations ended, it meant something more than the fact we no longer lacked a starting catcher. It meant that the quasi-Varitek jersey Christine got me for my birthday a couple years ago wouldn't be inducted this year into my antiquated Red Sox garb feature. In fact, it may never be inducted because now there is a good chance the Captain will retire as a Red Sox.

I wore it the other day while running some errands. It caught the attention of a little boy sitting in his mother's shopping cart at Wal-Mart.

"Mommy, I think he's a baseball player," he said.

"Who?" she said before looking up to see me.

I embarrassingly ducked away before I could see or hear the response.

I guess this is what Christine means when she says I'm too old to be wearing shirts with players' names on them.

No comments: