Feb 28, 2009

A manatee sneezed on me

I had to smile the other day when reading the notes at the end of a Phillies story:

Philadelphia-area singer John Flynn sang the Canadian and American national anthems before the game. Flynn sang part of the Canadian anthem in French, and that was almost as impressive as his great work, "A Manatee Sneezed on Me."

We never heard any of his songs except for the national anthem and God Bless America. But Christine and I always get a kick when the folk singer pops up at Phillies games. He just seems so random. A few years ago, it felt like he was always at games we went to, but not so much anymore.

We couldn't remember the last time we saw him at the ballpark. But when looking at his Web site to steal this picture taken by Heddy Bergsman, we found our answer. It hit Christine that this shot might have been taken before Game 1 of the 2007 NLDS. We whipped out my trusty scorecard [see Christine, they do come in handy] and sure enough I had written at the bottom "John Flynn."

I must have been excited to see him that day.

[Photo credit: www.johnflynn.net]

No comments: