Feb 1, 2009

Super Sunday

In reverence to the big game, there seems to be a dearth of SoxandPhils news. Nick Cafardo has some interesting nuggets on Jason Varitek's worth, Joe Torre's insight on Alex Rodriguez and teams facing dilemmas with out-of-option players this spring. But there's no big issue for a blogger to chew on. Phil Sheridan is in Tampa, and the rest of the Phillies writers seem to be on vacation, switching jobs or casualties of the newspaper industry's failure to weather the economy.

So on such a day, I think even Christine will acknowledge that baseball takes a back seat for football. But I don't think she will give the sport more than today - tomorrow we resume counting the days until spring training. {I just want this game to be over with.}

Game on: Finally, on the last week of the season, I remember to post playoff predictions before the games start. I'll pick the usually crowd-pleasing Budweiser Clydesdales to win the commercial wars; Buster to win the Puppy Bowl (I like the quiet confidence in his eyes); and the Steelers to win 37-30.


Update: The MLB Network is back on Verizon FIOS. I hope the other night was some kind of glitch, but I bet they're just messing with me.

No comments: