Feb 10, 2009

He's lost his reputation - and his mind

After yesterday's post, I told Christine that I regretted not giving Alex Rodriguez credit for not whining that only his name - out of the 104 total roiders - was published.

Now, I'm glad I didn't mention it.

It turns out I missed the portion of the interview where Slappy does his classic bumbling PR shtick. He accused reporter Selena Roberts - whose report he had said was accurate - of breaking into his home and stalking him.

Roberts responded today:

I know for a fact everything that came out of his mouth was a fabrication. I don't know how he could believe anything that was such a grand distortion.

A-Rod's pattern of feigning innocence and making it seem as if the world is out to get him is beyond old. It's downright troublesome. He has lost is mind. And that, coupled with his history of substance abuse, could make him a danger to others. I hope someone steps up and gets this pampered prima donna some professional help before this story truly turns tragic.

Those seeking relief from these sickening steroid stories can take solace in the fact that the Daily News profiled Mike Zagurski today. The appearance of a story only his mom - and Christine - would care about can only mean that spring training is imminent.

No comments: