Feb 4, 2009

We're getting closer ...

Players are stirring, reporters have started writing again and a whole mess of chewing gum, T-shirts and baseballs will soon depart from Philadelphia to Clearwater. All that's missing is Jimmy Rollins dissing on the Mets. But J-Roll, who did a conference call on the World Baseball Classic, wasn't interested in talking about the past:

"Being on the same team, you actually get to see and admire what a guy is like when you're in the same clubhouse," said Rollins, who will play for Team USA next month in the WBC. "You're not representing New York or Philadelphia. It doesn't matter who the guy on your left or right is. It's just Team USA. So, as for the Mets, that has nothing to do with the World Baseball Classic. I'll address that in spring training."

C'mon, J-Roll, I'm dying here. Give me something to work with.

Not even Theo Epstein gave me anything to chew on in a radio interview (not that he ever provides good blog fodder).

The only thing we learned today is one possible reason the Red Sox unexpectedly signed Brad Wilkerson - our fifth outfielder/backup first baseman, Mark Kotsay, needs back surgery and will miss at least one month. The season is ruined.

{As for me, I'm getting desperate for baseball to start. I am absolutely not a Led Zeppelin fan, but I listened to all 8 minutes and 28 seconds of Kashmir on the ride home from work, just because it reminded me of being at the ballpark.}

No comments: