Oct 3, 2009

Yo Christine! I did it!

So the Phillies lost to the Marlins 4-3 today, but with the Cardinals loss to the Brewers, the Phils have cinched the second seed in the playoffs and home-field advantage in the first round. But they cannot win the top slot because they have 92 wins and whichever team wins the NL West will have at least 94.

The Red Sox have come back to lead the Indians 8-4 in the 2nd inning despite Josh Beckett's struggles.

But the only baseball we "saw" today were a couple innings on the radio during the ride home from Ocean City after I completed my 50-mile ride.

I pedaled for roughly 900 miles this summer, but I still was concerned about the two bridges leading to Ocean City. They were killers last year when I did only a 25-mile route. Their incline seemed vertical, not sloped.

They beat me up pretty good last year. This year, however, I won. I scaled the first without struggle. The larger one was a little difficult, but I put my head down and plowed through. I pretended like I was a team down 0-3 in a seven game series - taking it one inning or pedal at a time. After the apex, I was flying high for the last couple miles until I hit the finish line where Christine and the rest of my family waited for me.

I'm still on a high.

Back to basics, err, baseball tomorrow.

1 comment:

Matty said...

I'm holding my breath for the playoffs. Phils are limping into them.