Oct 21, 2009

Bring on the Yankees, or preferably the Angels

{Wooooooooooooo! I'll let Greg take over now.}

Cole Hamels didn't earn a cupcake tonight, but his mates deserve a tray of them for beating the Dodgers 10-4 to clinch their second consecutive World Series appearance.

It's late. I'm catching a cold. We'll celebrate tomorrow.

Christine is in disbelief. She says I can't stop writing this blog because of the team's success during the past two years.

Bring on the Yankees. But I wouldn't object to seeing the Angels wipe out the Yankees in epic fashion.

Other news: Before the game, Pedro Martinez wouldn't be baited into talking about the possibility of pitching against his old nemesis:

I (Globe reporter Peter Abraham) tried to engage Pedro in some "what about facing the Yankees" talk yesterday after he threw a bullpen at Citizens Bank Park. But he would have none of it. "I know what you're trying to do," he said with a smile. "Not yet."

And Tim Wakefield's surgery was successful.

Look back at 2008: Christine summed up her feelings on the eve of the World Series. She dropped a hint for a Christmas gift. Usually, I'm good with things like that, but I dropped the ball. We bought one later, but we can't remember exactly when. Christine thinks it was at our first game of the year on May 2, but there's no record of it on the blog.

[Photo credit: Treetshop.com]

2 comments:

Matty said...

My wife came home tonight with a new Phillies coffee cup. I used it during the game tonight.

Bring on the next victim.

Greg said...

Congrats on the mug and the pennant. You'll get to use it plenty during the next couple of weeks.