Mar 22, 2009

March Madness

Despite my recent attendance at a St. Joe's game, I'm not a big college basketball fan. But I love tournaments. One of my favorite wrestling moments was the Wrestlemania IV tournament to crown a new champion after the title was deemed because of a controversial match between Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan.

Yes, I can vividly remember all the events leading up to that, plus all 16 matches on the card, but sometimes I can't remember what I walked into the kitchen for.

Curt Schilling has a little bracketology going on where you can vote on pitching matchups to determine the best hurler since WWII. I love the concept and enjoy playing along; I just wish he had given the entire bracket and seedings up front so I could predict it all the way through. So far, through two rounds, there have been no surprises. The only one I would have gotten wrong has been the closest: a second-seeded Roger Clemens over a 15th-seeded Dave Stewart, 53 percent to 47 percent.

I thought the pro Red Sox contingency of Schilling's blog would be biased against the roider. I voted for Stewart. Yeah, he pretty much knocked us out of the playoffs in 1988 and 1990, but I blame our ace (Clemens) for not being able to match him.

No comments: