Mar 16, 2009

Injury word association

Remember Saturday's post about Dustin Pedroia's injury?

Well, Greg is to Dustin Pedroia is to Robinson Cano as Christine is to Cole Hamels is to Johan Santana.

I still say it's early and this is probably nothing, but it's never comforting to hear that your ace is heading up north for evaluation. The Red Sox, meanwhile, aren't blaming the World Baseball Classic for Pedroia's injury. I am.

In other news, Kyle Kendrick got hit pretty hard today, but he's still in the running for fifth starter if Hamels and a couple other starters go down. Charlie Manuel couldn't quite express himself:

"We had some shabby defense," Manuel said. "(Kendrick's) line definitely should have been better. We made mistakes. We made a hell of a lot of (bleeping) mistakes. That was really a nice game. I think any game like that (ticks) you off, but the best thing you can do is (bleeping) go out there and get on the bus and forget about that son of a (gun). Yeah, that was a horse (bleep, bleeping) game. If I played in that (bleeping) game I definitely (bleeping) would take a good inventory of myself. That was a horse (bleep) game. They don't get no better than that. God (darn) it, that's terrible.

"I'd say we kind of (bleeping) hit rock bottom there for a while."

No comments: