Mar 11, 2009

Tidbits

Kyle Kendrick: During dinner, Greg and I were discussing his latest disastrous outing. Greg said he's ready to call him Adam Eaton Jr.; I disagree. I know the comparison has been made before, but I'm afraid that he's going to be another Pat Combs. Prove me wrong, KK.

World Baseball Classic: Go Netherlands! I love an underdog story. I love when overly cocky team lose. I love watching Jose Reyes when his team blows it. I've seen that stunned look on his face before. You would think that he'd be used to it by now. Here he sits, wiping away the tears, with fellow non-winner Robinson Cano.

Jon Lester: Greg briefly panicked last night when he heard that the Lester deal hasn't been finalized yet. He started thinking of doomsday scenarios, the worst being that something bad was found on his physical. But it seems like just normal drawn-out contract mumbo jumbo. Lester is still expected to sign a multi-year deal with the Red Sox.

Movie review: Greg and I agreed that we would have never watched Race to Witch Mountain if we hadn't won free tickets, but it was enjoyable for a Disney movie. We were a bit overwhelmed when we walked into the theater because it was packed with kids who must have won tickets from Radio Disney. They were all screaming out answers to High School Musical trivia questions but quieted down for the flick. Nothing better than a free movie on a Tuesday night.

[Photo credit: Associated Press]

No comments: