Mar 25, 2009

Finally

Christine and I have joked for quite a while that Jimmy Rollins has been with Johari Smith a little too long for her to be just a girlfriend. We were starting to wonder about J-Roll.

But then we read a gossip item that he's planning a wedding.

That leads credence to our jokes that he promised her a ring after the Phillies won a World Series. I guess she wouldn't go for the "I meant when the USA wins a World Baseball Classic" bit.

Funny, the other day I was watching more of David Cone's 1991 19-strikeout game against the Phillies. The announcers brought up the Braves, and they mentioned some woman in Atlanta who was very happy because her beau promised to get engaged when the Braves won a pennant. He never saw that year coming.

Back to J-Roll and the future Mrs. J-Roll - congratulations and all, but you've been together quite a while, long enough to do a spread together in Playboy - so why wait until January?

I know the season is about to start, but it took Christine and I five months from proposal to wedding, including buying and moving in to a condo. After all this time, I guess Johari doesn't mind waiting another year.

No comments: