Apr 29, 2009

A Red Sox fan 23 years and counting

Christine and I celebrated the 23rd anniversary of my becoming a Red Sox fan (and my birthday) with a fine dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. Among my goodies was one of the recent Roger Clemens biographies, which is appropriate since he's the reason I got hooked on the Sox in the first place.

She also said I can pick out a scrubby SoxandPhils player to sponsor on baseball-reference.com. I see that Mike Benjamin is available, but I want to see who else is out there before committing.

The Phillies couldn't win on my birthday, losing 4-1 to the Nationals. Stupid Julian Tavarez (Orange Julius, as I used to call him) got his first save since 2006.

The Red Sox bailed out Jon Lester's subpar performance (five runs in six innings) and are tied 5-5 with the Indians in the 9th inning.

No comments: