Apr 24, 2009

Oh sheet - times two

Many pooh-poohed the notion that Chase Utley's World Series potty mouth would be a bad influence on the youth of Philadelphia. Turns out they were right. But Utley didn't taint youngsters - he tainted Larry Andersen.

The Phillies were muddling through another zombie-like game. We listened on the radio because the television broadcast was pre-empted. Christine sighed a lot.

But in the 9th, trailing 3-0, the Phillies woke up and took the lead on Shane Victorino's grand slam. I had stepped out of the room, but Christine swears she heard L.A. say "oh shit" on the air before the ball landed in the seats. When I returned, I heard L.A. say "holy cow," but I bet Christine heard correctly. WWHS? (What would Harry say?) The 7-3 win gave Clay Condrey his team-leading third win of the season. Cole who?

Big comeback win over the first place Marlins. Let's hope this is the start of something.

I wonder if Jerry Remy echoed Andersen tonight when Jason Bay hit a two-run homer off Mariano Rivera to tie it in the bottom of the 9th. Manny who? I'm an old fogie, so I'm turning in before this one ends. Hope to have more good news tomorrow.

No comments: