Apr 26, 2009

Taking the night off

After a long day of walking and visiting with friends and family, I plan to watch tonight's Yankees-Red Sox game without worrying about doing a blog recap after it ends. I'm just going to watch it as a fan rooting for a sweep.

We had the Phillies game on in the background today as they easily beat the Marlins 13-2 to wrap up the sweep. I couldn't follow the game except when someone announced that Marlins outfielder Cody Ross was brought in to pitch the 9th inning.

The sweep puts the champs above .500 for just the second time this season. They're now in second place and in good shape heading into a homestand against the Nationals and Mets.

Saturday's game against the Mets will be the first game Christine and I will attend since Game 5 of the World Series.

Personal: Thanks to everyone who walked with me or supported my efforts. My team represented the Red Sox, the Phillies and even the Yankees - a united front for a good cause.

No comments: