Jan 16, 2010

The winter hump

Other than last week's incredible ending of the Cardinals-Packers game, I haven't been able to get myself psyched up for playoff football.

Today looks deceivingly warm outside, which isn't helping matters.

But I think Christine is taking the offseason harder.

The other night we were watching TV and someone was talking to a guy named Lee.

"It sounded like he said Utley," she said.

"Nah, just Lee."

"Oh, maybe I'm more baseball deprived than I thought," she said.

Seventy-nine more days until opening day. Meanwhile, I'll try to get psyched for today's pair of football games in domes.

Animal Planet misses Harry: Christine has always preferred watching puppies to football. We wondered how Puppy Bowl would continue this year without its voice, Harry Kalas, a man, according to Animal Planet, whose "booming and powerful voice juxtaposed against our furry players will be sorely missed."

There's no mention on the Web site who will announce the furry free-for-all this year. Indigo (pictured) is still sad Harry won't be here to call the action, but the pup will play hard in his memory on Feb. 7.

[Photo credit: Animal Planet]

2 comments:

Matty said...

Last evening, I was flipping channels and came across a half hour news segment about baseball. They were talking about all the off-season moves the teams have made and an analysis of their expected performances this season. It was a nice surprise and got me one half hour closer to opening day.

Greg said...

We caught some baseball on TV last night - details to come soon.