Jan 1, 2010

Boston beats Philly in Fenway

Foreshadowing Game 7 of the 2010 World Series, majestic Fenway Park was the scene of Boston fending off a tough challenge from Philadelphia.

I don't watch hockey, so I caught only a couple glances of the Flyers and Bruins playing next to the Green Monster as Christine watched the game.

Of course, I caught the part when they sang Sweet Caroline. I stared in disbelief. Christine assured me I was watching reality, not satire. What a stupid tradition. (Singing Neil Diamond, not outdoor hockey.)

Not a stupid tradition: Actually, it probably is. But two years and 750 posts ago, Christine and I started this thing. We had just bought our Sunday season ticket plan and the thought of blogging hit me in the shower. On some days, I'm glad I thought of it. On others, I wish I had just sung Sweet Caroline.

Seriously, thanks to those who have stopped by to read our musings.

[Photo credit: Boston Globe]

No comments: