Oct 11, 2008

It's going to be a long night

Tonight's game sucks. And as I write this - until doing so jinxes it - the Sox are winning, 6-5 in the bottom of the 5th.

The Josh Beckett vs. Scott Kazmir matchup that looked so good on paper fizzled. Kazmir was knocked out in the 5th after 98 pitches. His relief wasn't any better. And Beckett is heading toward a similar fate.

A loss tonight wouldn't be fatal - I would have signed on for a split of the first two games. (The Sox did hold on to last night's 2-0 lead.) But it's going to be awfully hard to beat the Rays and then the Phillies with this subpar Josh Beckett on the hill.

Sorry for the incomplete post tonight. I was up before 5 a.m. today, drove about 450 miles to North Carolina and I wanted to get something up in case I conk out.

P.S. Too late about the jinxing. The Rays are now leading 7-6 and still threatening.

No comments: