Oct 26, 2008

Almost there

Oh. My. God. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. We're going to Game 5 of the World Series. The Phillies are leading 3-1. I never thought I would be at the ballpark to see the Phillies try to clinch the World Series. How am I supposed to concentrate at work tomorrow? Oh my god.

Tonight was the game we've been waiting for - the Phillies finally found their bats, trouncing the Rays 10-2.

Before the game, I thought Pat Burrell was due for a big game. Oops: He went 0-3, but he did have the game-winning RBI by walking with the bases loaded in the first inning.

In the 5th, Christine looked at Joe Blanton in the batter's box and said, "Come on, hit a home run, you've got some chunk to hit one out."

She's creepy sometimes.

Besides hitting his first career home run, Blanton gave the Phillies a good outing, getting into the 7th inning. The game wasn't as breezy as the 10-2 score indicated - the Phils scored four in the 8th to cement the blowout. Ryan Howard and Jimmy Rollins had three hits. Howard, with two homers tonight and three in the last two games, looks to be back.

Hopefully they saved some bullets for Game 5.

I can't believe all of this.

[Photo credit: Associated Press]

No comments: