Oct 16, 2008

What a night

With the Red Sox facing elimination and trailing 7-0 in the 7th, I was pre-writing my gracious concession post to the Tampa Rays. Christine, not overly interested in the game, went downstairs to feed our fish. The tank was leaking.

So while my boys suddenly remembered how to play like champions - scoring seven runs in the 7th and 8th innings - I was trying to caulk my tank. After that didn't work, I was bailing water and setting up a temporary aquarium in a bucket. Why isn't every Wal-Mart open 24 hours a day?

Fish are taken care of - except the one whose spine I think I broke scooping him out with a net. I hope they can last in the bucket until I get home tomorrow with a new tank.

Meantime, I'm going to watch the Sox continue their comeback and salvage the SoxandPhils World Series.

12:17 a.m. update: We're going to Tampa. Sox and fish still swimming.

No comments: