Jan 17, 2008

Dugout chatter

So two Phils, Pat the Bat and Chase Utley, logged onto their computers to chat with the fans this week. Actually, we learned Burrell doesn't own a computer. Utley didn't say.

Kind of bland, though it was semi-interesting bulletin board material from Burrell. He wouldn't take the bait when asked how it felt to beat Billy Wagner.


It feels good whenever you can contribute to the game, especially against a division rival.
But when asked the innocuous "what's the best part of playing in Philly?" he couldn't resist reminding folks the Mets choked last year.

I'd have to say the ballpark and the fans. The whole last series down the stretch, when we were fighting and the Mets were choking, the city was just awesome and rallied around us. It was exciting to be a part of.
I don't know if I remember an athlete openly saying an opponent choked before.

Utley's was a little more plain. He pays his respects to Fenway, but commits a cardinal sin by saying he admires Pretty Boy Jeter. I wonder if that means Utley condones steroid use too? {No. Absolutely not.}

I also wonder what this exchange is about...
raizin: Do you have any superstitions?
Utley: None that I can reveal to the
public.

Lovely.

Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, no Sox is scheduled for a MLB chat. And the recent chats have been mostly scrubs, other than these two Phillies. Christine's worried baseball's pushing the Phils. {I just remember a time when the Red Sox weren't disliked by nearly everyone, and I don't want my Phillies becoming that team.}

No comments: