Jan 18, 2008

1986

One of my favorite seasons in baseball is 1986 -- the year I became a Sox fan and first tasted the curse. (I didn't believe in the curse but I don't have a better word for the Billy Buckner, Grady Little and Don Zimmer type experiences.)

So, given this context, and my fascination with Baseball Mogul, I don't know why I haven't been following more closely Sporting News' 1986 Take II. Especially since it features SoxPhils as managers -- the World Series Hero, and Doug Glanville, a fellow North Jerseyan. Christine and I were at the game where his retirement was officially announced. He signed a one-day contract to retire as a Phillie and the team had him throw out the first pitch.

Anyway, they're apparently not doing so well. Fine, Glanville's got a bum hand with the '86 Phils, but Curt, c'mon, no excuse to have the '86 Sox 10 games under .500. Glanville's having the better season, and he's probably got the better blog.

No comments: