Feb 10, 2010

Snow day

I'm glad that Roy Halladay isn't loafing now that he has made it onto a contending team, but do we really need to hear what a hard worker he is when most of his fan base will spend hours today digging out from yet another horrendous snowstorm?

The Boston Herald also profiled the local team's ace - not John Lackey, not Josh Beckett, but Jon Lester, who was proclaimed by the Globe's Peter Abraham as the second-most important guy in the Red Sox organization. Hard to quibble with that, although I might have put Kevin Youkilis (No. 3) a little lower and Theo Epstein (No. 5) a little higher.

This morning, Christine and I cleared out the snow and slush that fell over night and are now watching the snow quickly re-cover all the exposed pavement. It's falling so quickly, you might think that hell is freezing over. It might be freezing over because Bill Conlin had a column that could be construed as agreeing with the prospects point I made yesterday. I think it had a similar message - but I'm not entirely sure of his point even after attempting to read it five times.

Finally, the Herald's Michael Silverman reminds us that it's been two seasons since the Red Sox won the World Series - the same gap between the last two World Championships. That means they're due. Speaking of the great 2004, MLB Network's Baseball's Seasons 2004 debuts tonight. Hopefully, I'm done with the snow by then, but probably not.

2 comments:

Matty said...

We're in the middle of quite a snowstorm here as I read this. The way you wrote that line, it sounds like you are referring to your town as hell. LOL

The Red Sox are due? Ask the Mariners what they think of that?

Greg said...

The snow is still driving down - my town is pretty much hellish right now.

Good catch on the due part. I was just referencing the column, but got caught sounding like a Yankees fan.