Feb 4, 2010

L.A. goes to school

Time's tight - we are supposed to prepare a meal for 40 people on Saturday, but those plans are obviously in limbo with the looming storm. We're working on Plans B and C tonight. [I wrote that this morning, and I think we're up to plans L through Q, but we're going to get it done as long as I can manage to stay on my feet.]

Meanwhile, here's an interesting catch by phillyburbs.com about a college professor who had Larry Andersen speak to his journalism class.

Christine and I are jealous. Our journalism professor brought in some good guest lecturers -including me once - but L.A. would have been something else. Click the Andersen link to read it all, but here are my favorite tidbits:

- He is a fan but he tries to not get too excited on air. He says that he mutes his microphone sometimes so he can jump around and scream without being distracting to the audience.

- Because he works for the team, he can't divulge all the crazy stuff he knows about the players. Especially not on air.

- When Harry Kalas passed out in the broadcast booth in Washington last year, Larry gave HK CPR until the paramedics arrived.

That's it for now - please let the forecasters be wrong about this weekend.

No comments: