Feb 19, 2010

A new antiquated Red Sox shirt

When the season ended, I owned garb of three current Red Sox: Jacoby Ellsbury, David Ortiz and Jason Varitek.

Even though he's been discussed in trade rumors before, I thought Ellsbury was the safest bet to remain off my list of antiquated Red Sox garb.

I was wrong. And I can't believe I'm just learning about this now.

Apparently, when Brad Mills left to manage the Astros, Jacoby quietly pilfered his No. 2:

Michael from Avondale, Ari. asks: I've noticed that Jacoby Ellsbury is listed as No. 2 and not No. 46 i have not seen anything explaining this change. Was wondering what Jerry Remy thinks about this?

Answer: Not sure what Jerry Remy thinks of the change, but Jacoby Ellsbury did change his number this offseason. So all those with No. 46 Ellsbury jerseys might
need to trade in for a more updated model this season. No. 2 was held by bench
coach Brad Mills previously -- until Mills departed this offseason for the Astros managerial job.

Great, I guess I'll have to buy a new T-shirt this weekend. I probably won't come across any Ellsbury No. 2s, but maybe I'll find something in a nice red, white and black.

No comments: