Dec 19, 2009

Oh, the weather outside is frightful

***WARNING***
***CHEESE ALERT***
***Massive quantities of snow turns up my affinity for all things cheese***

I woke up and there was three inches of snow on the ground. It has not stopped all morning and probably won't for another 24 hours.

On the plus side, being snowed in allowed me to give my fish their Christmas cleaning, turn on the Christmas tree and catch some quality holiday cheez such as Ernest Saves Christmas and A Flintstone Christmas. Unfortunately, the two-part Saved by the Bell Home for Christmas was pre-empted by weather coverage.

I'm ready to put the presents under the tree, put on my A Twisted Christmas and then count the hours until Santa time.

Judging from Christine's inbox, it appears the Phillies are also in a festive mood. The Red Sox are, too.

I like these holiday treats, but can't decide which approach I like better. The Phillies with only 2009 highlights or the Red Sox with all-time great moments. I may lean more toward the classic moments, but the Red Sox had some head-scratchers. I was pleased to see the Tom Brunansky catch to clinch the 1990 division, but how do you not have the final out of the 2004 World Series?

The great '04 was represented by David Ortiz's walk-off home run against the Yankees, but couldn't they have shown the actual hit and not just the celebration?

Um, never mind, the switched the moments since we looked last night. They're much better now. And, if they constantly change them, all the better.

Christmas jolly may resume. Phew.

I'm off to see if I remember how to start my snow blower or to watch the classic Mr. Plow Simpsons episode. We could use Barney Gumble's services right now.

2 comments:

Matty said...

We're snowed in here too. Fireplace going, hot chocolate, movies.

We have two snow blowers. One is 16, the other is 11. They use our shovels.

Greg said...

I just made my first swipe with the blower. (Christine offered, but I went out alone.) The blower gave me a scare when it didn't start for a few attempts, but it got going.

Going to work on the soup now.

Oh, you never gave your opinion on the big trade...