Jan 28, 2009

Waiting with ennui

The Wing Bowl is little more than 24 hours away, and I am not into it at all. It wasn't until this week that I became aware it's amateurs-only this year.

The Super Bowl is Sunday, and I'm still waiting for my internal clock to switch over to football. I haven't even looked at the lineup for Puppy Bowl. OK, I snuck a peek while fetching this link. Some of those suckers are really cute.

And the baseball writers seem to have fallen from the face of the earth (not unlike many of their colleagues in newsrooms across the country). The only news today is that Ryan Howard would welcome a long-term contract. Yeah, so would I, but I think my chances of getting A-Fraud type of money are nearly as slim as Howard's.

The only suspense right now is not whether Jason Varitek will accept the Red Sox' take-it-or-leave-it offer, but whether the deadline for said offer is Friday or Saturday. Can't my team ever do anything normally? Jeez, I know the Captain screwed himself by not accepting arbitration, but there comes a time when the team has to cut bait. I guess that's what Friday's deadline is about.

I'm just bored with the whole situation.

{But we're coming up on the three-month anniversary of the Phillies World Series victory! Plus, there are only 16 days til the start of spring training. And the teams' caravans leaves for Florida next week! Excitement!}

No comments: