Jan 26, 2009

Second basemen tales

It's no secret our teams have the best second basemen in baseball. They're making headlines for different reasons today.

First, there was good news about Chase Utley's rehab. He thinks he may be ready for opening day:

"Everything is progressing in a positive manner," he said. "So, yeah, I am more optimistic than I was before. But I didn't really know what to expect before."

On the other hand, it wasn't such a good day for Dustin Pedroia, who has had a storybook start of a career, until this headline: Pedroia's Brother Accused Of Child Molestation. This is an awful story. I hope it isn't true, but innocent people aren't usually arrested.

And, assuming it's true, I'm not a Red Sox apologist for not ripping Dustin Pedroia. I wouldn't want people judging me personally or professionally based on my brother's actions.

No comments: