Apr 18, 2008

Since you're not hitting, read this

Dear Phillies Offense,

Last year, I could always depend on you. This year, where have you been? Didn't you like it when you used to win games?

Tonight I had the game off for a few minutes, and you decided to score three runs to make it 5-4. When I started watching again, that all stopped. I think last Saturday night was the only win I've seen this season. I'm not going to stop watching, so you better figure out a way to win whether I'm watching or not.

I've been here for your team through the ups and the downs, the good times and the bad. And let's face it, there have been some pretty rough patches over the years. Yet I still stuck by you and defended you. And I will keep doing that. All I'm asking for is a little effort on your part. That goes for you too, Phillies Defense. Way too many errors so far. Can you believe the Pitching has been supporting both of you this much this season?

There have been flashes, but it's time for consistency. It's time to capitalize on the good pitching and support your pitchers. It's time to live up to your potential. It's time to be better than .500. It's time to win.

Love,
Christine

P.S. I know you'll beat the Mets the next two games because you don't want to start hearing that they're in your heads, do you?

P.P.S. David Ortiz read the memo and had two more hits tonight, including a grand slam. Now Greg's going to have to learn to write in Japanese to Daisuke Matsuzaka. 101 pitches - five hits and two walks - in 5 1/3 innings? How is that even possible? [Maybe we should have gotten Johan Santana, who won the duel against Cole Hamels tonight.]

No comments: