Apr 22, 2008

He already was jinxed!

Josh Beckett was a late scratch with a stiff neck. What? Not fair, the 2007 MVP jinx already nailed him. It should go back to work on Alex Rodriguez.

On the commute home, I heard replacement David Pauley retired the side in order. Then, a lead-off homer for Jacoby Ellsbury had me thinking it would be a special night. Alas, when I logged on I was surprised to see the Sox up 7-6 in the 9th. Of course they won again - that's six in a row, and nine of 10. I'm getting dangerously close to the mindset that they're unstoppable. I'm due for a humbling.

The Phillies have also won three in a row, so hopefully they've turned a corner. Good comeback win tonight. We loved the comical scoring in the 9th inning of Chase Utley and Ryan Howard immediately after. It looked like the scene in Major League, but in the movie it was the fast guy right behind the slow guy. How was it the other way around tonight? Pat Burrell continues his contract drive with three RBIs. He now has 21 in April - 22 on the season - and is one away from tying Von Hayes' franchise record of 22 April RBIs. And the Phils finally made it over the .500 mark.

No comments: