Apr 16, 2008

Phillies lose quietly; Red Sox losing ugly

With the Phillies banished to CN8 again and the Red Sox on pace for a five-hour game against the Yankees, I have some tidbits but not much substance tonight.

Phillies:

1) I know the Phillies were facing Roy Oswalt, but when Kyle Kendrick, your worst pitcher thus far, scatters two runs over seven innings against the Astros, a loss is inexcusable.

2) Wouldn't you know that Michael Bourn homered and scored both runs?

Red Sox:

1) David Ortiz had a good swing on his RBI single in the fifth.

2) This team doesn't quit.

3) I think this is the first time I could watch young Clay Buchholz start. He should have known better than to get shelled against the Empire for my debut.

4) If the score holds, it will be 18-16 Yankees. If the pace holds, the game, which started at 7 p.m., will end just before midnight.

5) Yay, LaTroy Hawkins enters the game. Oops, spoke too soon. I didn't know he has been perfect in three innings against the Sox so far this year. Interesting: Through age 34, Hawkins is most similar to Jose Mesa.

No comments: