Apr 25, 2008

Bumped, but not beaten

I wish continued luck in the playoffs to the Flyers and Sixers, who beat the Pistons again tonight, 95-75. But I won't be too upset when their seasons end. Once again, the Phillies were bumped to CN8, so I was stuck with just the radio broadcast.

The game started out great, and the Phils were ahead 5-0 when I went outside to help Greg finish off the shed. So I definitely was not expecting a 6-5 game when I checked on the score a while later. Then again, it wasn't completely shocking, considering that Adam Eaton was pitching. Todd Zolecki's description reminds us of Eaton's start on Sunday, when he also pitched well early in the game and then gave up multiple extra-base hits in one inning.

Luckily, the best bullpen in the National League pitched excellent for the rest of the game, and the Phils won the first game of the weekend series.

Not as much luck with the Red Sox bullpen tonight. Mike Timlin blew it for the Red Sox in the 11th, losing to the Rays, 5-4.

No comments: