Feb 7, 2008

We're gonna see the champs! {The Phillies!}

No, the WORLD champions.

For the first time since 2006, the Red Sox venture to Philadelphia for a regular-season series. And we'll be at all three games with live coverage. (OK, maybe not so live because they're weekday games and I have a job.)

Thanks to Baseball Reference, I learned that since 1901, the Boston Americans/Boston Red Sox lead the Philadelphia Phillies/Philadelphia Blue Jays 31 to 18. I wonder how many of those Christine and I attended - I hope to figure that out before the June interleague battle.

Unfortunately, Curt might not participate.

From an on-field standpoint, no big deal. That's why we have the best pitching prospect ready and waiting to throw his second career no-hitter.

But it's just sad that this might be the end.



I know he can be annoying. But the man bled for us and did what no other Sox could do in the great '04. More than any other player from that team, he's earned a pass from criticism for as long as he wears the uniform.

After the '07 championship, I hoped he'd retire on top or sign with the Phils. I just wanted the World Series hero (who's done more than anyone to kill off the Empire dating back to his D-Back days) to walk off on his own terms.

I didn't think he'd pitch Game 6 of the 2004 ALCS, so maybe he'll prove me wrong again.

No comments: