Feb 22, 2008

Snow day

Lovely weather for a penguin, eh?

Christine and I took a couple days off to celebrate her birthday yesterday. (Surely it's a coincidence that her birthday, the day I proposed and our anniversary all fall on a 21st.) We didn't have any big plans but were hoping to take the Citizens Bank tour today, but obviously weather didn't cooperate.

{We did take a ride to the ballpark yesterday so I could pick out a new hat. There were only four women's hats in stock - three with pink and one in peach. Blech. I opted for gender neutral - dark blue with red trim. Plus an extra 15% off everything in the store, I assume in honor of the first day of regular season ticket sales for the masses.}

It was a strange offseason. Everyone says it felt so long - obviously because the hot stove banter has mostly been about players' past misdeeds, not their prospective movement. It felt quick for me, but that's probably because of the Sox and Giants (oops, I almost wrote Patriots) winning championships.

Two of the next wave of Sox prospects, Justin Masterson and Jed Lowrie, are blogging about camp for the Globe. Pretty cut and dried, as you would expect from rookies trying to crack the big team at some point this year, but Masterson's rubbing our noses in it:
Warm weather! That's the very first thing that excited me about getting down to Fort Myers. I had spend most of my off season in the cold, snowy weather.

No comments: