Sep 4, 2010

Flashback

This week, we found out the Phillies are doling out the opportunity to purchase playoff tickets. And, they're playing the Brewers.

That combination has given me flashbacks to 2008, when I almost talked Christine into not reserving playoff tickets because I thought it was a waste of $20 when the Phillies were 3.5 games behind the Mets and four games behind the Wild-Card leading Brewers. I didn't think they'd sweep the Brewers and Braves to propel them to their World Series win.

How would my life be different if I convinced Christine not to buy tickets and we sat home instead of being at the park for both halves of Game 5 of the World Series? Would I still have a wife? I posed that question to Christine tonight. I didn't get an answer. I'm glad I don't need to know the answer.

More PhilsandBrews: We loved the shirts worn by the family of Brewers pitcher Zack Braddock, a South Jersey native. They said "Phillies by choice, Brewers by blood." We'll have to remember that if Trent winds up playing for a team other than the Red Sox or Phillies: "SoxandPhils by choice, Trent's team by love."

Tonight's games: The Red Sox dropped their afternoon game to the White Sox, 3-1. Then, for good measure, they duplicated that loss in the nightcap. The Phillies beat the Brewers 5-4. The local kid got a blown save.

No comments: