Sep 3, 2010

I forgive Manny

It takes a big man to admit his mistakes. And it takes an even bigger man to remind us that it takes a big man to admit his mistakes after admitting his obvious mistakes.

Manny Ramirez is a big man (no steroid pun intended):

Manny Ramirez was at Fenway before the game was called off and told a small group of reporters (and NESN) that he regretted how his tenure with the Red Sox ended in 2008.

"I think everything was my fault," he said. "You've got to be a real man to realize when you do wrong. Hey, it was my fault, right? I'm already past that stage. I'm happy. I'm in a new team."
[...]
Ramirez said he apologized to Youkilis in June when he played a series at Fenway with the Dodgers.

"I said, 'Hey, what happened between you and me, I'm sorry. It was my fault,'" Ramirez said. "It takes a real man to go and tell a person, 'Hey, it was my fault,' and that's what I did."

Good. Now that the deplorable ending of the Manny Ramirez era has closure, can we just play this weekend's games without documenting every time he scratches himself in this big series - the second time he has come to Fenway as a visitor since his Red Sox tenure ended.

Today's games: The White and Red Sox were hurricaned out. The Phillies scored just one run for Cole Hamels, but this time, it was enough for the 1-0 win over the Brewers. Jose Contreras and Ryan Madson finished the game to give Brad Lidge a day off. The Braves lost, so the Phils are just one game out and still lead the Wild Card by 2.5 games. The Red Sox just need to make up seven games in September, so a SoxandPhils World Series is still possible.

2 comments:

Matty said...

Final month.....let the race begin.

Greg said...

I'd rather be in your position.