Sep 5, 2010

Watching Randy Wolf down the Phillies

We left Trent with Grandmom and headed to the ballpark on a pleasant sun-filled 80-degree day. Unfortunately, the Phillies' performance, notably Kyle Kendrick's, did not match the lovely weather, and former Phil Randy Wolf kept the Phillies offense quiet in the Brewers 6-2 win.

But the 9th-inning meltdown today by the Red Sox in a humiliating 7-5 loss to the White Sox was worse. After being swept by their paler Sox brethren, I am still willing to go down with the ship, but I'll admit that it's about to capsize.

We'll be back tomorrow with all the details from our day at the park – including a bunch of Phanatics, some dancing kids and a very confused Carlos Ruiz. We may also have some other surprises later in the week – time permitting.

1 comment:

Matty said...

I was there too. In fact, you took a picture of me. I'm out there in left field home run territory.

Prior to the first pitch, I told the people sitting with me that the score would be 3-0 before the Phils came to bat in the bottom of the first. Of course, Kendrick was on the mound.

When the Phils came to bat in the bottom of the first, it was 3-0.

Some things are just obvious. Just not to Manuel and Dubee.