Jul 17, 2010

Trent dirties diapers, Sox and Phils rally

Christine went to the store this afternoon, so it was just the little guy and me watching the Phillies game on TV. {I listened on the radio and was entertained by Larry Andersen's rants.} Well, he slept more than watched, until the Phillies had one out in the 9th, trailing the Cubs 1-0.

That's when Trent woke up needing his diaper changed. I forgot to put on a TV upstairs so I could listen to the ending while taking care of business. Because of a little spraying, it took a little longer than I expected. When I was done, I turned on the game expecting it to be over. Nope - the Phillies had the bases loaded and were winning 2-1. They added two more to win 4-1. Trent's pixie dust, which last night I proclaimed was gone, has returned.

The littlest SoxandPhil may really be getting the hang of things. Cliff Lee dominated the Red Sox and took a 2-1 lead into the 9th inning with about 90 pitches. But after changing another diaper, I was able to sit down and watch Kevin Youkilis rip a single to tie the game.

The game went into the 11th without any more diaper emergencies, but Trent decided to keep losing his pacifier to see how many times Christine and I would run upstairs to retrieve it for him. I think that was just his way of willing Youkilis to hit a sacrifice fly with the bases loaded to beat the Rangers 3-2.

No comments: