Jul 18, 2010

Dizzying

I can't keep track of the Red Sox anymore. I'm not talking day-to-day standings or anything like that. I literally can't keep track of the roster because it changes so much with injuries.

In the past four days, the Red Sox have added Michael Bowden, Dusty Brown, Manny Delcarmen, and detracted Gustavor Molina, Felix Doubront and Robert Manuel. Fernando Cabrera has come and gone. Several of these guys I have never heard of.

I'm just glad I'm not this guy, Carl Goodreau, clubhouse manager of the Pawtucket Red Sox:

In Goodreau’s 22 years of working in pro baseball, he calls this season the craziest of his career. Numerous injuries have left holes in the Boston roster, leaving Pawtucket to fill in the gaps.

When a player leaves Pawtucket another comes in from another farm team or for rehab. This season, the PawSox have used 49 players. The club record is 70 in 2006.

If this year breaks the record, I hope some of the next call-ups will be able to play the game. The Red Sox dropped three of four to the Rangers this weekend. Today, Jon Lester lost 4-2.

The Phillies are playing the Cubs tonight on ESPN. I wasn't planning on making it to the end, but it's in the 7th (6-3 Cubs) and it sounds like Trent is getting cranky.

No comments: