Jul 24, 2010

Quick thoughts during a hot and busy weekend

We're occupied this weekend, overloading Trent with grandparents. He took his first trip outside the house to his Grandmom's today, so we only half watched the Phillies nice 10-2 win over the Rockies. It was good to see an offensive explosion and Kyle Kendrick pitch well in his return to the rotation.

We couldn't imagine sitting in the stands during this 100 degree heat.

Trent got his first pack of baseball cards. The gum is bigger, wrapped in plastic and tasted worse than I remembered. Yes, I guess you could say I stole candy from a baby, but he's way too young for bubble gum.

And there were only seven cards in the pack. What a crock. I think you got 15 in my day. His only Red Sox or Phillie was one-third of a Ryan Howard. The Big Piece was on a card with Albert Pujols and Prince Fielder as the NL's top home run hitters.

In the 5th, the Red Sox lead the Mariners 1-0.

No comments: