Jul 15, 2010

Second half starts stinkily

My buddy asked me whether I was excited for the second half of the season to begin.

I'm not.

I thought it was because of everything going on in my life, but maybe it was an unconscious premonition that the Red Sox would start the second half with a lineup that featured Eric Patterson at 2B, Daniel Nava in LF, Bill Hall at 3B and Kevin Cash at C. Not exactly the Red Sox lineup we were expecting during spring training. It didn't work - the Red Sox lost to the Rangers 7-2.

Maybe it was also an unconscious premonition that Tom McCarthy would have a night off and we'd have to endure extended play of Chris Wheeler as the Cubs drubbed the Phillies 12-6. I hate Wheels. I think he made Trent cry. Now I really hate Wheels.

1 comment:

Matty said...

Your team spots you a 2 run lead in the top of the first, and you come out and hit two batters in the bottom. Then your inability to get that third out, like every Phillies pitcher, and you hand the two runs right back. Not a good start to the second half. The Phils seem to play to the level of their opponent. Sweep the Reds, lose to the Cubs.