Mar 10, 2008

Wait till next year

Josh Beckett emerged today crankier and more pessimistic about his back.
Today wasn't as good as yesterday. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. Doctors told me yesterday that there was a possibility I'd come in and feel like I do today so as far as that goes, the doctors were right.

It's troubling that he hasn't pitched to major leaguers yet, and with about two weeks before Opening Day, no one knows when he'll pitch again.

Jon Lester pitched well today, and I don't know if the Globe was serious with this line:
Jon Lester pitched four strong innings (five strikeouts) and is making a bid to be Boston’s opening day starter.

That entry also had one of the stranger items you'll see in an update:
In two random, unrelated events, a Japanese newspaper reporter arrived late for the game because his windshield was shattered by what he said was a low-flying pelican. Then a foul ball shattered the computer screen of Joe McDonald of the Providence Journal while he was downstairs interviewing Lester.

Better news on the injury front for the Phillies, who expect closer Brad Lidge to be ready for Opening Day.
That's my goal still. And based on today I would say we moved a good step closer to that. Barring any setbacks, I think that's a very realistic goal.

I remain leery of Phillies injury prognostication. {And better Phillies injury news would involve the words "Adam Eaton" and "season ending."}

No comments: