Mar 4, 2008

Memo to Paps and Hamels:

-You have large crowds every time you pitch.

-Your front offices surround you with $100+ million worth of talent.

-You play on teams that can expect to win.

In other words, you don't play for Florida, which gave its pre-arbitration star, who might be more valuable than either of you, only $439,000. This story is a bit dated, but I hadn't noticed with all the whining coming from Cole Hamels and Jonathan Papelbon.

Hanley Ramirez has every right to complain; he's getting the "low blow" and getting sold "short." Here's his take:

That's OK. Whatever they think I deserve. I don't care.
...
I just want to stay here for my career. If not, whatever. I think they treat me good from the bottom all the way to the top. I feel comfortable here.

Kind of makes me wish Hanley and the Marlins beat Cole Hamels in Game 7 of the NLCS, then hit a game winner off Paps in Game 7 of the World Series. Nah, but it would be justified.

Police blotter: Eww. I think we need a better employee background check.

No comments: