Mar 7, 2008

Finally, a reason

Good news: Adam Eaton's godawful 2007 can partially be explained by a bad back. Bad news: He was awful in the first half of the season before injuring his back in a batting cage ... a batting cage? And, I don't know, how to classify this news ... he's still hurting in 2008.

Remind me again why the Phillies signed him before last year? I know, compared with Jon Lieber and Freddy Garcia, he was quite productive.

Getting injured in the batting cage isn't a typical way to lose a pitcher, but it won't be the most unusual injury of Eaton's career. Stabbing yourself in the gut while opening a DVD trumps that. I hope he now owns the Shark Pro.

Shhhh: Jonathan Papelbon is pleased with his contract. He thinks he won his standoff. I won't tell him if you won't.

No comments: