Oct 6, 2010

Just great

What a day.

We wound up selling our playoff tickets at a whopping $10 profit because I couldn't take a day off on the first week back at work.

Then, I had to unexpectedly work late, forcing me to renege on a dinner promise to Christine, miss watching the game with her and Trent, and totally miss an evening with our son.

And, of course, to make matters worse, as soon as I got into the car I heard the announcers say, "I wonder if Don Larsen is watching this." I knew Roy Halladay would pitch a perfect game.

He didn't. Doc gave up a walk, but finished with the second no-hitter in postseason history in the Phillies 4-0 win over the Reds in Game 1 of the NLDS.

To recap: My family's upset, I'm upset, work's probably upset that I wasn't enthusiastic about staying late, and I cost Christine and myself probably our best shot at ever seeing a no-hitter in person.

What a great night.

2 comments:

Matty said...

Now, didn't I say to hit me up if you couldn't go??? Alas, I was working too, and was thinking of you as this game was unfolding. I figured you were there, and was expecting quite a post about it.

Greg said...

Time was tight, we were looking for a resolution to the tickets that involved as little planning as possible.

No great post, just some self-loathing.