Oct 24, 2010

Knocked out

I conked out last night. I was too tired from Trent and my car crash to make it to the end of the game. I woke up to Christine grumbling about how the umpire rang up Ryan Howard to end the game. It took me a minute to remember that this meant that the 2010 season is over for the SoxandPhils.

Christine was not happy today. She hasn't yet broken out her "Stinky Phillies" lament, but it's only a matter of time. I appreciate how the Giants played Game 6 as if it were Game 7. I liked their sense of urgency and respect of how difficult it is to beat the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park. That doesn't make Christine feel any better.

Christine had planned on debuting Trent's Ryan Howard shirt today. (It almost fits him.) She still put it on anyway because we shouldn't shy away from our teams when they lose. I often make it a point to wear some Red Sox garb after a season-ending defeat like last night.

1 comment:

Matty said...

If you caught any of the post game interviews with Howard and Victorino, you wouldn't be so quick to put that shirt on him.

Their smug, so-what and oh-well attitudes was the ultimate slap in the face to all the die hard fans who's hearts and spirits he broke when he took strike three with the game,AND THE SEASON, on the line. Their blase comments were the icing on the cake to their dismal series performance.

There, I feel better now. LOL