Dec 16, 2008

Screw the numbers, he's got Jesus

Raul Ibanez met the media today (those who weren't canned this month), and he put to rest any questions about his age or defense.

I love hearing it. It's one of the things I enjoy because I know that I can continue to be productive. I know this. The good Lord has blessed me with ability. He's blessed me with what I believe to be an incredible work ethic, and an incredible drive to attempt to succeed no matter what. So I think I can continue doing this for a while. As a man I couldn't have come here unless I was able to do that.

Great. I know Major League proved Jesus can hit a curve ball, but I'd like something a bit stronger to refute the evidence that the Phillies made a mistake in left field for 2009.

And he's not going to be very interesting. He declined to get into a feud with the Mets new closer Francisco Rodriguez.

I'm sorry. I'm a pretty boring guy.

While the Phils' big-ticket item took center stage, the Red Sox await word from Mark Teixeira, who may be close to a decision. The Red Sox are one of five teams in it, but the price keeps rising.

No comments: