Dec 4, 2008

Derek Lowe: Sox or Phil?

While the Red Sox introduced their newest pitcher today, reports indicate they may be readying an offer for old pal Derek Lowe, who might already have an offer in his inbox from the Phillies.

That's what the Boston Globe reports, but Todd Zolecki isn't so sure.

I'd love to add D-Lowe to the SoxandPhil rolls, but I can see him quickly exceeding the years and dollars the Phillies would be willing to spend. Same for the Red Sox.

The newest Red Sox, Junichi Tazawa, is hopefully a bargain at $3.3 million over three years. He met with the press today, praising Daisuke Matsuzaka and ready to test himself.

"The reason I came directly to the [United States] is I wanted to try to play here," Tazawa said through a translator at a press conference at Fenway Park today. "I wanted to challenge myself."

No comments: