Dec 17, 2008

Here comes Teixeira

I never bought into the rumors that the Red Sox would get Mark Teixeira. It just didn't add up, but now it appears that the Red Sox are the likely destination for the most coveted free agent of 2008 who isn't a pitcher with conditioning questions.

I'm also warming to the idea of bringing Teixeira aboard. Yeah, he's going to be expensive, but I'd rather have him and Kevin Youkilis at the corners than Youk and Mike Lowell. Even if you could guarantee that Lowell's injury woes are over, Teixeira is by far more productive.

So I think I've gone from not really wanting him to a fear that someone else will snatch him up at the last minute.

If that happens, there's always Manny Ramirez. Oops, too late. The Yankees are "going hard" for him. I'd love to see them get him, except for the 18 games against the Red Sox when he'll surely wreck us.

No comments: