Dec 6, 2010

Oops

Never mind what I wrote yesterday. Adrian Gonzalez is a Red Sox.

Trent and I are happy, and so is A-Gon:

"I'm very excited to be here in Boston and ready to beat the Yankees."
[...]
Gonzalez said joining the Red Sox is the culmination of a childhood dream.

"I've had five incredible years in San Diego and grew up wanted to be a Padre, and my dream as a kid was to play in the major leagues and be a Padre,'' said Gonzalez after posing for the requisite photo op in his new jersey with Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein and owner John Henry. "And my second dream was to be a Red Sox."

And never mind another thing I wrote yesterday. Christine and I didn't see a clean-shaven, short-haired Jayson Werth at a press conference. We have no clue who it was. We questioned it but should have been more skeptical because the person in question wasn't wearing a Nationals hat or jersey.

Unfortunately for the Nats, they're still on the hook to pay Werth $126 million until he's 39 years old.

No comments: